All patients at our practice have been allocated a named, accountable GP who has overall responsibility for their care. If you would like to know which GP this is for you, please ask at Reception.
|Miss Lesley Clemmet (f)|
The practice manager is involved in managing all of the business aspects of the practice such as making sure that the right systems are in place to provide a high quality of patient care, human resources, finance, patient safety, premises and equipment and information technology. The practice manager supports the GPs and other medical professionals with delivering patient services and also helps to develop extended services to enhance patient care.
No efficient business runs itself and our practice is no exception. Lesley Clemmet, the practice manager is involved in managing all the business aspects of the practice.
- Patient care meets the required CQC standards
- Patient safety is always paramount
- The competent performance of staff
- Sound financial management
- Accessible and adequate premises
- Necessary equipment is available and fit for purpose
- Information technology is up to date and is used appropriately
The management team supports the GP's and other medical professionals in developing and delivering new services for patients.
|Mrs Alison Earnshaw (f)|
|Miss Louise Judson (f)|
|Mrs Karen Wastling (f)|
Most patients will be surprised to discover just how many administration tasks are necessary to ensure that a GP Practice in the NHS meets all it's obligations. Administration for the Practice involves several people. Including:
- Medical secretaries who deal with referrals and liaison with secondary care services etc.
- Financial assistant who deals with all income and expenditure for the practice and keeps the accounts up to date.
- Administrative assistants who deal with appointment rotas, forwarding and receiving of medical records, summarising patient records and practice information and many other duties.
|Mrs Cath Baldwin (f)|
|Miss Emma Cook (f)|
|Mrs Sue Herrington (f)|
|Mr Luke Jenkinson (m)|
|Miss Jane Dunwell (f)|
Jane is the Patient Services Team manager.
|Mrs Wendy Marsh (f)|
|Mrs Carrie Oglesby (f)|
|Mrs Lynne Parker (f)|
|Mrs Carol Turner (f)|
Our Patient Services Team (Reception) are the public voice and face of the Practice. Receptionists provide an important link for patients with the practice and are your initial contact point. They have the difficult task of trying to balance the requirements of patients and limited number of appointments or clinic slots etc. Tact, diplomacy and an endless supply of 'cool' are essential. It's definitely not a job with high popularity rating but successfully maximising the number of patients being seen and looking after them is an essential task. As is dealing with patients enquiries, managing test results, issuing repeat prescriptions and providing information about services.