The Practice, is as its name suggests located on Prospect Road, which at one end runs into Manor Road and at the other Columbus Ravine. The Practice is in a block of three houses situated on the left hand side, about two thirds along the road, when coming from the Columbus Ravine (Town Centre) end - opposite Nares street. Our postcode is YO12 7LB.
There is a map which has our location on which you can find on the contact details page.
All the available parking around the surgery is 'zoned on-street' and limited to three hours unless you are a resident with a permit. Between 9.00am and 5.00pm it requires cars to display an arrival time using a cardboard clock. Our receptionists have supplies of these clocks, which are free of charge.
Available parking spaces near the surgery on Prospect Road can limited, especially before 9.00am and after 4.00pm Usually there are adequate spaces nearby in the road opposite the surgery and the roads off it (Nares Street, Ramsey Street and Murchison Street).
ACCESS TO THE SURGERY
- There is a bell on the surgery's outer door which can be used to call for assistance.
- For wheelchair and walking aid users or parents with prams etc. access to the building is via a ramp - staff can provide support and assistance if it is needed.
- All the consulting and treatment rooms are located on the ground floor.
- The surgery has a number of patient toilets including ones with disabled access.
- If you have difficulty with your hearing or vision please let us know so that we can help make it as easy as possible for you to access our services.
- If you need to breast feed your baby and you prefer to do this in private please ask the receptionist as facilities are available to allow you to do so.
- Nappy changing facilities are available in the disabled toilet - please take any dirty nappies away with you.
LEAFLETS THAT CAN HELP YOU
We have a large number of leaflet racks throughout the practice providing useful information. Please feel free to take any leaflets you think could help you. We can produce either large print or tape recorded copies of these, on request, for patients who have difficulty with their vision.
FOREIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETERS
If English is not a patients first language and there are communication difficulties we can arrange for an interpreter to be present during an appointment.
Please note that we need notice to arrange this so please ensure our receptionists understands that this support is required for your appointment.
SIGNING FOR DEAF PATIENTS
For patients with profound hearing or speech loss we can arrange to have a sign language interpreter to be present during an appointment.
Please note that we need notice to arrange this so please ensure our receptionist understands that this support is required for your appointment.