WHEN YOU ARRIVE
Please let us know when you have arrived. When you attend the surgery for your appointment please register using the check-in screen or at reception so that we know that you have arrived.
IF YOU ARRIVE LATE FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Please make every effort to arrive a few minutes before your appointment time.
If you arrive late for a booked appointment, please talk to a receptionist.
If you have missed your appointment slot you may be given the choice to wait until the end of the clinic. This however, may not be by the person with whom you booked the appointment. If you feel too unwell to wait until the end of the clinic please tell the receptionist.
Patients who are repeatedly late may lose the right to be seen at the end of clinic.
CAN WE HELP YOU?
If necessary, we can make things easier for you. For example:
- If you have difficulty hearing – we can let you know when the doctor calls you.
- If you are disabled – we can provide a suitable chair in the waiting room or assist you to a consulting room.
- If you think you have an infectious illness, feel too poorly or too distressed to wait in the waiting room – we can provide a room in which you can wait in private.
- If you want to speak to a member of staff confidentially – we can provide a room in which you can talk in private.
Just tell a receptionist what help you require – we are here to help.
PLEASE HELP US TO HELP YOU
- If you wish to be accompanied during your appointment you may bring a friend or relative with you or ask a receptionist to arrange for a staff member to act as a chaperone.
- Please wear suitable clothes in case some form of examination is necessary.
- If you think a urine sample will be required please bring one with you in a clean bottle.
- It could help to write down your symptoms or any questions you may have before you come to the surgery so that you remember to mention everything that is important to you.
- If during your appointment there is anything that you don’t hear or understand please do ask for it to be repeated or explained.
- Further appointments can be made at Reception before you leave the surgery.