MANAGEMENT OF CHRONIC LONG TERM CONDITIONS
DO YOU HAVE A CHRONIC MEDICAL CONDITION?
Do you suffer from any of the following conditions?
If your answer is yes, and you are a patient of Prospect Road Surgery we want to do everything we can to maximise the effectiveness of your care.
HELP IS AT HAND
We want to ensure that:
- You have the information you need to understand your condition and manage it.
- Any pain, discomfort or other adverse effects related to your condition are adequately controlled.
- That the progression of the condition is monitored and where possible, minimised.
- You feel you have access to an appropriate level of support, advice and care.
To achieve this from time-to-time we will contact you to arrange an appointment to attend the surgery for a health review. In most instances this will be either every six or twelve months. If we are to assist you to manage your condition it is essential that these appointments are made and kept. They may allow us to:
- Identify early, a change in your condition or a complication that needs to be treated before serious harm occurs.
- Suggest beneficial changes in your treatment.
- Answer your questions or concerns.
- Suggest additional sources of assistance, advice and support.
Attending these health review appointments is critical for your wellbeing. If one of our receptionists call you to make an appointment please co-operate or if you receive a letter asking you to call the practice so that an appointment can be made please do so.
If you have a condition that requires monitoring and you are going away for three weeks or more please contact the surgery to tell us.
If your condition deteriorates or you are anxious about it, there is no need to wait for a health review appointment. Contact us and we arrange for you to see an appropriate clinician.