In June 2014 158 appointments were wasted at this surgery by patients who did not turn up. This amounts to 33 hours of time wasted in the month.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO TELL US IF YOU CAN'T ATTEND YOUR APPOINTMENT. SOMEONE ELSE CAN ALWAYS USE IT. Even informing us up to an hour before your appointment time is helpful.
If you have given us your up to date mobile telephone number you can receive reminders about your appointments the evening before your appointment.
The future of General Practice?
* Waiting times to see a GP or practice nurse are soaring
* Funding for General Practice is plummeting
* Up to 100 practices in the UK - serving over 700,000 - face closure over the next few months
Help us and other GP surgeries by signing the Put Patients First petition, which is available at reception. This aims to call on the Prime Minister to increase the share of the NHS budget spent on General Practice
For more information you can visit http://www.rcgp.org.uk/campaign-home.aspx
Prospect Road Surgery
Welcome to the website for Prospect Road Surgery where we aim to give you information about the practice, how we work and what services we offer to ensure you receive the best possible care.
We provide general medical services as part of the Scarborough & Ryedale Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) to approximately 8000 patients. As well as providing a full range of services required by the NHS we also provide additional and enhanced services including:
- Minor surgery
- Maternity services
- Primary Care Mental Health
- Addictive Behaviour Services
- Phlebotomy (blood taking for tests and checks)
- Cervical Smears
- Contraception advice and provision
- Child health surveillance
- Childhood Immunisations
- Influenza and Pneumococcal Vaccinations
- Foreign Travel Advice and Vaccinations
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Management of long term conditions including Coronary Heart Disease, Stroke, Diabetes, Asthma, COPD.
- Smoking Cessation Advice
Further information available on the Clinics and Services page.
The surgery is open:
Monday - 8.00 AM - 8.30PM
Tuesday to Friday - 8.00 AM - 6. 30 PM
To contact the doctor urgently please phone the usual surgery number (01723) 360178 during surgery hours and select number 1 to access the emergency line.
IF YOU HAVE A LIFE THREATENING MEDICAL EMERGENCY PLEASE DIAL 999. (Chest pain and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency).
We also offer a minor injuries service in surgery hours which may prevent you from having to attend A & E. We can deal with lacerations requiring sutures / steristrips, dislocation of fingers & toes, removal of foreign bodies, repair of eyelid injuries, treatment of minor burns, and removal of foreign bodies in the eye.
For urgent help outside surgery hours please dial 111 to speak to NHS111.
(Site updated 23/07/2014)