Prospect Road Surgery
Welcome to the website for Prospect Road Surgery where we aim to give you information about the practice, how we work and what services we offer to ensure you receive the best possible care.
We provide general medical services as part of the Scarborough & Ryedale Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) to approximately 8000 patients. As well as providing a full range of services required by the NHS we also provide additional and enhanced services including:
- Minor surgery
- Maternity services
- Primary Care Mental Health
- Addictive Behaviour Services
- Phlebotomy (blood taking for tests and checks)
- Cervical Smears
- Contraception advice and provision
- Child health surveillance
- Childhood Immunisations
- Influenza and Pneumococcal Vaccinations
- Foreign Travel Advice and Vaccinations
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Management of long term conditions including Coronary Heart Disease, Stroke, Diabetes, Asthma, COPD.
- Smoking Cessation Advice
Further information available on the Clinics and Services page.
The surgery is open:
Monday - 8.00 AM - 8.30PM
Tuesday to Friday - 8.00 AM - 6. 30 PM
To contact the doctor urgently please phone the usual surgery number (01723) 360178 during surgery hours and select number 1 to access the emergency line.
IF YOU HAVE A LIFE THREATENING MEDICAL EMERGENCY PLEASE DIAL 999. (Chest pain and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency).
We also offer a minor injuries service in surgery hours which may prevent you from having to attend A & E. We can deal with lacerations requiring sutures / steristrips, dislocation of fingers & toes, removal of foreign bodies, repair of eyelid injuries, treatment of minor burns, and removal of foreign bodies in the eye.
For urgent help outside surgery hours please dial 111 to speak to NHS111.
(Site updated 11/05/2015)